Addition of microRNA Blood Test to Lung Cancer Screening Low Dose CT
To demonstrate that the specificity of the Hummingbird microRNA profile for the diagnosis of lung cancer in a cohort of patients who meet current eligibility criteria for lung cancer screening in the U.S. is superior to the specificity of LDCT.
Study Start Date
November, 01 2017
Estimated Completion Date
No interventions cited
Hummingbird Diagnostics -- HMBDx USA-0001
1. Subject is undergoing LDCT screening for lung cancer.
2. Subject is 55 to 80 years of age.
3. Subject has a minimum 30 pack-year smoking history.
4. Subject has not quit smoking more than 15 years ago.
5. Subject is without symptoms attributable to lung cancer.
6. Subject is able and willing to provide informed consent.
1. Subject has a history of lung, gastrointestinal, hematological, breast, thyroid, or
genitourinary cancers within the past ten years.
2. Subject is known to be infected with HIV, HBV, HCV, or tuberculosis or any other
Biosafety Level 3 (BSL III) pathogen infections.
55 Years to 80 Years
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Study Locations and Contact Information (3)
|Brigham and Womens Hospital - Boston, Massachusetts||2.6 miles||Francine Jaconson MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Massachusetts General Hospital - Boston, Massachusetts||2.8 miles||Amita Sharma MDemail@example.com|
|Lahey Hospital Medical Center - Burlington, Massachusetts||11.0 miles||Kimberly RiegerChrist PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|