Phase 2 Trial to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Lenabasum in Cystic Fibrosis
This is a Phase 2 multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study assessing the efficacy and safety of lenabasum for the treatment of cystic fibrosis in patients 12 years of age or older. Approximately 415 subjects will be enrolled in this study at about 100 sites in North America, Europe, and Australia. The planned duration of treatment with study drug is 28 weeks. Study drug will be lenabasum 20 mg BID, lenabasum 5 mg BID, and placebo in a 2:1:2 ratio.
Study Start Date
December, 22 2017
Estimated Completion Date
- Drug: Lenabasum 5 mg
- Other: Placebo
- Drug: Lenabasum 20 mg
Corbus Pharmaceuticals Inc. -- JBT101-CF-002
Corbus Pharmaceuticals Inc.
1. ? 12 years of age at the time Informed Consent/ Assent is signed.
2. Weight ? 40 kg.
3. FEV1 ? 40% predicted and < 100% predicted in the last 12 months.
4. Physician-initiated treatment with an IV antibiotic 2 or 3 times in the last 12 months
for a new PEx or physician-initiated treatment with an IV antibiotic 1 time in the
last 12 months plus physician-initiated treatment with oral antibiotic(s) 1 or more
times in the past 12 months for a new PEX.
1. Severe or unstable CF at screening or Visit 1.
2. Any of the following values for laboratory tests at screening:
1. A positive pregnancy test.
2. Hemoglobin < 10 g/dL in males and < 9 g/dL in females.
3. Neutrophils < 1.0 x 10^9 /L.
4. Platelets < 75 x 10^9/L.
5. Creatinine clearance < 50 mL/min according to Modification of Diet in Renal
Disease (MDRD) Study equation.
6. Serum transaminases > 2.5 x upper limit of normal.
3. Any medical condition or concurrent medical therapies at screening or Visit 1 that may
put the subject at greater safety risk, influence response to study drug or interfere
with study assessments.
12 Years and older
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Study Locations and Contact Information (1)
|North Shore LIJ Health System - New Hyde Park, New York||174.3 miles||Janis Wang MD||516-465-5427||None|