The Effects of Nicotine Chewing Gum in Parkinson's Disease
The objective of this experiment is: To determine if nicotine chewing gum will improve acute episodes of orthostatic hypotension in PD subjects.
Study Start Date
Estimated Completion Date
- Dietary Supplement: Nicotine gum
- Internal Medicine: Neurology
- Neurology: Movement Disorders
- Physician Assistant: Neurology
- Basal Ganglia Diseases
- Movement Disorders
- Parkinson Disease
New York Institute of Technology -- BHS-1118
New York Institute of Technology
- a diagnosis of PD
- a diastolic BP less than 90 mmHg
- and/or a systolic BP lower than 100mHg.
- current tobacco users in all forms of tobacco
- severe dysphasia (difficulty swallowing)
- previous tobacco users who might be at risk for re-addiction.
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Study Locations and Contact Information (1)
|New York Institute of Technology - Old Westbury, New York||37.1 miles||Brian Harper MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|