Pilot Study for Verifying Endotracheal Tube Repositioning Using Ultrasound
The investigators will compare the response to oral endotracheal tube repositioning as measured by chest x-ray and measured by the air-wave device.
Study Start Date
Estimated Completion Date
- Device: SonarMed Airwave Device
- Radiology: Chest
- Emergency Medicine: Airway/Respiratory,EM Radiology/Diagnostics
- Otolaryngology: Larynx/Trachea/Airway,Radiology/Diagnostics
- Physician Assistant: ENT
- Endotracheal Tube Repositioning
Yale University -- 1502015336
- Intubated patients in the SICU requiring ETT repositioning will be identified by SICU clinicians.
- Based on manufacturer restrictions, patients with ETTs smaller than 6.5mm and larger than 9mm, double lumen ETTs, and those patients receiving Heliox therapy will be excluded from this study.
18 Years and older
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Study Locations and Contact Information (1)
|Yale New Haven Hospital - New Haven, Connecticut||18.1 miles||Kevin M Schuster MDemail@example.com|