Reversing Ticagrelor's Effects With Fresh Platelets
ACS patients treated with antiplatelet drugs who require CABG surgery have to wait 5-7 days for the effects of the drugs to wean off. This treatment-devoid period leaves the patient vulnerable, therefore any means to shorten this period could be useful. The present study aims to investigate the possibility of reversing the antiplatelet effects of ticagrelor with the help of fresh donor platelets. Fresh platelets will be added to blood samples of treated patients in varying concentrations at specific timepoints to determine the time and amount of fresh platelets needed to normalize platelet reactivity in the treated samples.
Study Start Date
Estimated Completion Date
- Drug: Maintenance dose
- Drug: Loading dose
- Cardiology: Coronary Artery Disease
- Nursing: Cardiology
- Pharmacy: Cardiac/Hypertension
- Physician Assistant: Cardiology
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Myocardial Ischemia
Mount Sinai School of Medicine -- GCO 13-1802
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Male or female volunteer between 18 and 75 years old.
- History of stable (i.e. non-acute) cardiovascular disease or the presence of risk factors for cardiovascular disease (i.e. hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, high calcium score and abnormal findings on angiography or stress test).
- Conditions associated with hemorrhagic risk, e.g., frequent epistaxis, gastrointestinal ulcer, hemorrhagic vascular lesions, recent surgery.
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to aspirin or ticagrelor.
- Loss of >400 mL blood or blood donation within past 3 months.
- Positive serology for hepatitis B (HBs Ag) or hepatitis C.
- History of drug abuse or alcohol abuse.
- Positive pregnancy test.
- Evidence of unstable or acute cardiovascular disease (e.g., unstable angina, recent myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure).
- History of clinically relevant pulmonary, hepatic, gastrointestinal, renal, metabolic, hematologic, neurologic, respiratory or psychiatric disease, bleeding, acute infectious disease or signs of acute illness.
18 Years to 75 Years
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Study Locations and Contact Information (1)
|Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai - New York, New York||46.8 miles||None||None||None|