Computer Based Training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Web-based
The investigators are conducting a randomized clinical trial of our new web-based version of the CBT4CBT program to evaluate its effectiveness relative to standard outpatient counseling at SATU. The computer-based training program (CBT4CBT) focuses on teaching basic coping skills, presenting examples of effective use of coping skills in a number of realistic situations in video form, and providing opportunities for patients to practice and review new skills while receiving substance abuse treatment.
Study Start Date
Estimated Completion Date
- Behavioral: CBT4CBT
- Behavioral: Standard Treatment As Usual (TAU)
- Behavioral: Individual clinician-provided CBT
- Internal Medicine: Psychiatry
- Psychiatry: Neuropsych Sciences,Substance Abuse
- Neurology: Neuropsych Sciences
- Family Medicine: Psychiatry
- Nurse Practitioner: Mental Health
- Substance-Related Disorders
Yale University -- 1004006632
- Are 18 years of age or older.
- Are applying for outpatient, non-agonist substance abuse treatment at SATU.
- Meet current DSM-IV criteria for cocaine, marijuana,opioid,or amphetamine dependence.
- Are sufficiently stable for 12 weeks of outpatient treatment.
- Can commit to 12 weeks of treatment and are willing to be randomized to treatment
- Are willing to provide locator information for follow-up.
- Are fluent in English and have a 6th grader or higher reading level
- Have an untreated bipolar or schizophrenic disorder.
- Who have a current legal case pending such that incarceration during 12-week protocol is likely.
- Are physically dependent on alcohol, opioids or benzodiazepines
18 Years to 65 Years
Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Study Locations and Contact Information (1)
|Substance Abuse Treatment Unit SATU - New Haven, Connecticut||18.2 miles||None||None||None|